Monday 26 October 2009

Perfume that is really ME

I'm on a mission to find a perfume that I feel is really ME. Almost every time I walk past the House of Fraser store I pop in and try a new fragrance. But they are all so samey-samey, too floral, too much jasmine, too acidic, too overpowering, too weak. I wore Clinique Happy for a while, but now it smells too young. Aromatics Elixir is lovely for evening, but doesn't work for day. Penhaligon's Malabah is gorgeous, but strictly not for the office.

The only one I really like is YSL rive gauche, a total classic. But I can't wear that, because my mother used to wear it when I was a child, and a whiff of it sends me hurtling into the past, watching her put her make up on before going out.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about Clinique - it makes me think of late nights and feeling tipsy. My favourite perfume is Issy Miyake, recommend a sniff at least!

    ReplyDelete